Howdy Doo...

Go down

Howdy Doo...

Post  B Hatchet on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey Everybody,

My name is B, and I like watching TV, listening to podcasts and hearing quotes from celebrities used out of context or even attributed to the wrong person entirely. So, for me, Switching Channels is like a dream come true.

It's really hard for me to say what my favorite TV show is, but I can name a few that are near and dear to my heart: Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Pirates of Dark Water, Dexter, Venture Brothers, Lost, Heroes, Chuck (big ups to Chuck), Castle... The list goes on and on.

I can't wait to provide my trademark wit, insight and modesty to the Switching Channels forum.

B Hatchet
B Hatchet

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Whitey McVoodoo
Character Level: 3
Class: Maxwell Smart (Assassin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Glad to meet'cha

Post  justjay - admin on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 am

Hello stranger. Fancy seeing you here! OMG, you like hearing celebrity quotes out of context too! How opportune... and specific. But I agree that our podcast could definitely fill that void.

Well, welcome to the home of Switching Channels listeners!

While I have your ear, I have a question. How does one trademark wit? I've been thinking about it for some time, and I believe I am ready to take the firsts steps. I think my particular brand of sardonic jocosity may prove to be lucrative if I ever figure out a way to market it without getting arrested.
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Romcom the Slayer
Character Level: 100
Class: Action Star (Fighter)

View user profile http://switchingchannels.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy Doo...

Post  B Hatchet on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:09 pm

justjay - admin wrote:While I have your ear, I have a question. How does one trademark wit? I've been thinking about it for some time, and I believe I am ready to take the firsts steps. I think my particular brand of sardonic jocosity may prove to be lucrative if I ever figure out a way to market it without getting arrested.

Trademarking wit is as simple as filing some forms, but putting that wit out on the market is a whole different story. First, one must produce said wit in a Health Dept approved facility. No domestic wit can be produced in a commercial-grade wit facility. There's a limit to the amount of rat hairs and turds your wit can contain before the Health Dept will shut you down, so watch that. There's a lot of legal-ese and fine print that has to happen when you deliver trademarked wit to the consumer (you may have noticed I mumble something very fast after each witticism. That's the legal copy. No one needs to understand it, but it needs to be present.)

Trademarking and selling wit is a tedious and daunting task, but it's worth it. In the first year alone, I experienced double digit growth in my wit's market share. In my region, I'm #2 behind an entrenched competitor in replies that take way to long to make a point and aren't that funny to begin with, and I'm gaining share in the area of no one is going to read this but I chuckle to myself when I think about it.

Hope this helps!

B Hatchet

B Hatchet accepts no responsibility for time wasted reading this reply. The use os "wit" in no way promises chuckles, laughs, guffaws, or any pleasant feelings, perceived or real.
B Hatchet

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Whitey McVoodoo
Character Level: 3
Class: Maxwell Smart (Assassin)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

experienced?

Post  justjay - admin on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Wow, you should go into the market of Wit Representation. You know a lot about the business!
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Romcom the Slayer
Character Level: 100
Class: Action Star (Fighter)

View user profile http://switchingchannels.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hellow Mr. B. Hatchet

Post  marshmellowsatellite on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello!

Hey! I like hearing quotes from celebrities used out of context or even attributed to the wrong person entirely too! How could it be that all of us out of all the people in the world have the same taste in humor?

Well its nice meeting you. I hope your name doesnt give me nightmares tonight though.

bye

Sarah

ps
could you change it to something nicer like C Saladfork?
marshmellowsatellite

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Sarasota Fluff
Character Level: 2
Class: Mindfreak (Mage)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy Doo...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: