Switching Channels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions

3 posters

Go down

SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions Empty SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions

Post  justjay - admin Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:04 pm

The Switching Channels Forum RPG is an optional, fun little game that I believe may add a bit more depth to our forums for those who are interested in participating.

How Do I Get Started?

It's pretty simple, really. All you have to do is click the profile button on the menu bar and then from that screen click Character Sheet. It will ask you if you want to generate a character sheet. Click generate. Once you generate it, in order to modify it you must leave the page and come back (just click home and then click profile and then character sheet).

Fill out all the necessary fields as you see fit. Some fields (money, level, weapon, armor) can only be edited by me. Make sure you don't leave the page or save it without being ready. If you mess up don't exit, just click reset. If you need me to delete your Character Sheet so that you can reset it, just email me at switchingchannels@gmail.com and put "Delete Character Sheet" in the subject line.

How Do You Play?

Well, you just use the forum as you usually would, except now you will be rewarded and punished for your actions on the forum. If you suggest a show and we use it, that's an instant level up plus money! If you are arguing about a show and I notice it, maybe I'll give the winner of the argument some money, and both the winner and the loser some xp for participating. If we get a troll and you notify me (slay the troll) and I see that the notification was for good reason, you will get xp and money. If you make a good point in discussion, make me laugh, etc... the possibilities are endless. You should know that changes will not be reflected immediately, so give it some time, but if it has been a while and you don't notice a change, just email me.

I should point out now that this is not a COMPLETELY SERIOUS game. It's for fun and laughs, not grinding character crunchers. If you are going to be psycho-crazy about the stats and whatnot, then just don't play because you will bring everybody else down.

What Can I Do With Money and Character Level (Experience)?

First off, experience. You will never see your actual experience points, only your character level (which reflects those points). Your character level is just there to show how badass you are - that's pretty much it.

Money is a little different. You can visit the shops a little later (located under the SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the game category) where you can post transactions and buy weapons, armor, etc. Once again, it's all just for fun and you can choose to make of it whatever you will.

I'm still working on these instructions, so if you have a question or suggestion that I should implement, just post below. Thanks for participating in this fun little experiment!!

Last edited by justjay - admin on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:49 am; edited 10 times in total
justjay - admin
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Romcom the Slayer
Character Level: 100
Class: Action Star (Fighter)

https://switchingchannels.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions Empty Re: SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions

Post  marshmellowsatellite Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Dooooood!

This is the cooliest idea ever! Why don't more forums add RPG Character Sheets! I already made my character. SHe's pretty damn awesome.

Are you going to be adding more fields to the character sheet?

sarah
marshmellowsatellite
marshmellowsatellite

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Sarasota Fluff
Character Level: 2
Class: Mindfreak (Mage)

Back to top Go down

SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions Empty Re: SWITCHING CHANNELS THE RPG, the instructions

Post  justjay - admin Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Actually yes. Occasionally I will add new fields, but you won't get a notification of anything when I do, so make sure you occasionally check your character sheet to see if I've added anything new.

Glad you like the idea. Right now it's just a trial type thing, but if people get into it, I will put more work into it and make it bigger. Right now I don't want to put TOO many resources into it until I can decide whether or not to scratch it.
justjay - admin
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  juliann*aka*JEW! Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 am

you are a genius.
Very Happy

juliann*aka*JEW!

Character Sheet
Surf Name: colgate tard ass Helen Keller fighter! friggle faggle
Character Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post  justjay - admin Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 am

juliann*aka*JEW! wrote:you are a genius.
Very Happy

Thank you, thank you...

I'll be here all day for your enjoyment. cheers
justjay - admin
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down