Switching Channels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burn Notice

3 posters

Go down

Burn Notice Empty Burn Notice

Post  B Hatchet Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Burn Notice is a show on USA about a spy, Michael, show has been "burned", i.e. he got fired from spying, all his assets and money are frozen, and he's stranded in Miami. It's season 3 now, and available on Hulu.

This show is good for a number of reasons. The first, it has excellent casting. Jeffery Donovan plays Michael, Gabrielle Anwar plays his mercenary sometime-girlfriend and last, but certainly not least, Bruce Campbell plays Sam, an ex-Navy Seal friend of Michael.

The way things are filmed is interesting and fun, too. They do a lot of freeze frames and labeling people with on-screen type (Jimmy Smith, Scumbag). Michael also narrates some parts, giving cute little lessons about spying.

Also, you know how some hour-long shows breeze right by and you feel like it's super-short (I'm looking at you, LOST). Burn Notice is not that way. I feel like I get my hour's worth every time.

Check it out on Hulu. I think you'll enjoy.
B Hatchet
B Hatchet

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Whitey McVoodoo
Character Level: 3
Class: Maxwell Smart (Assassin)

Back to top Go down

Burn Notice Empty Re: Burn Notice

Post  amanda Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 pm

B,

I found myself wanting to watch this show many times, I mean if it has Bruce Campbell in it it must be good, but for some reason keep missing it. Thanks for the heads up that it is on Hulu. I will have to check it out.
amanda
amanda
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Willow Stackhouse
Character Level: 100
Class: Vampire

http://www.switchingchannels.libsyn.com

Back to top Go down

Burn Notice Empty Keep missing it

Post  justjay - admin Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Yeah this one sounds like a real gem. It must be on against something else I watch because I never run into it. Gonna have to notify Mr DVR. Thanks for the heads up!
justjay - admin
justjay - admin
Admin
Admin

Character Sheet
Surf Name: Romcom the Slayer
Character Level: 100
Class: Action Star (Fighter)

https://switchingchannels.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Burn Notice Empty Re: Burn Notice

Post  Sponsored content